Fran Harris is one of the most decorated athletes in Texas basketball history – male or female. The Dallas native was captain and leading scorer on The University of Texas at Austin’s undefeated national championship team in 1986.
She was also a member of the Houston Comets’ first WNBA championship team in 1997 and boasts 20 plus years of elite basketball playing experience and over 15 years as a coach. She’s the founder of the Texas Hustle basketball organization and runs camps, clinics and seminars through Fran Harris Basketball.
Here are a few of Fran’s athletic achievements:
- Hall of Honor, University of Texas 2007
- Black Sports Hall of Fame 2009
- Professional, Italy & Switzerland 87, 96, 97
- WNBA Champion, Houston Comets ’97
- NCAA Champion, Texas ’86
- U.S. Olympic Team Alternate ’88
- USA National Pan American Team ’87
- USA National Team Goodwill Games ’86
- USA National Team World Champions ’86
- USA Jones Cup ’85
- U.S. South Sports Festival Team ’83
- All Decade, Southwest Conference ‘80s
- SWC Player of the Year ’85
- 2-Time Team MVP, Texas ’85-86
- Head Coach, St. Stephens 1989
- Head Coach, Baden Men’s Professional Team, 1997
- Founder, Fran Harris Fantasy Camp
- Player/Coach, Baden 1996, 1997
As a businesswoman, Fran Harris has a simple mantra: if you want to have an amazing life or career, there’s no room for excuses. Her witty, inspirational and unconventional insights about life and business have made her one of the most sought after corporate speakers and coaches in America. The author of 20 books, she recently hosted “Home Rules”, a life and home renovation show on HGTV, where her candor and insights reached millions of viewers each week.
Fran draws upon her electrifying career as an elite athlete, organizational consultant, sales trainer, TV personality and megapreneur to help individuals and companies create soaring success. A former Procter & Gamble sales executive and teambuilding expert, she knows what it takes to break through old paradigms and habits to become your best because she’s done it in her own life and helped millions do the same.
Her expertise, quick wit and candor have landed her on hundreds of TV and radio shows including The Today Show, CNBC, CNN, Fox Business, TLC, Comedy Central, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Oprah’s Radio Network and many others. Fran bested 15,000 candidates to be named Good Morning America’s Advice Guru Runner-up. A WNBA & NCAA champion who’s also now an adjunct professor in Advertising, teaching sales, marketing and sports media at her alma mater, The University of Texas at Austin, where she’s a play by play announcer for the newly formed Longhorn Network, a $300 million dollar partnership between UT and ESPN. She’s the founder and publisher of Collegepreneur magazine, the world’s first national personal, professional and business publication for college students.